The recording of the live Interactive webinar presented on November 8, 2018 by Evelyn Capdevila MPT is now available.
Regardless of what state you practice in, the Worker’s compensation system is complex and can be daunting in part because we always need to stay aware of both the medical and legal cause of the injury. Proper documentation is essential and also becomes the foundation upon which chart audits, often referred to as Peer to Peer audits are done . Most therapists respond to an audit notice with dread and trepidation. If and when workers compensation asks for copies of all your documentation, instead of fearing the worst and looking for blame – Was it the billing? The notes? it may just be that the answer is, it was just your time. As a workers compensation provider , you are at risk for a chart audit sooner or later. Instead of fear, panic, and blame, let’s be ready and prepared.
This webinar will provides you with the necessary information and tools to effectively handle chart audits and avoid insufficient documentation outcomes and denials. This is appropriate for both PTs and OTs who provide therapy for patients through the Workers Compensation system. Evelyn is currently a consultant for several WC carriers and does audits on their behalf, so she knows the system from both sides of the issue – provider and payor. You will have the opportunity to ask questions live.
1) Understand key components for evaluation, notes, progress notes and discharge notes required by Workers compensation
2) Optimize evaluations, progress notes, and discharge summaries for Worker’s compensation services
3) Understand how to document patient care to show value and progression to reduce or avoid audits (or peer reviews)
4)Identify common errors in documentation
5) Review case studies to improve your ability to demonstrate skill and medical necessity
6) Implement defensible clinical documentation that demonstrates skill, medical necessity, and value.
7)Learn what steps to take to prepare for an audit
8) Overview of standardized functional testing commonly accepted (ie ODI, NDI, DASH, TUG, etc)
9) Understand proper billing and coding practices for WC. Upon request, once you complete a post webinar quiz, you can receive a certificate of participation for 2.0 hours. $85.00 Webinar includes a handout and copy of the powerpoint.
** This webinar, presented by Evelyn Capdevila, MPT, is intended for educational and informational purposes services only.