WHAT about PEDS??? Pediatric Private Practice OTs and PTs
Best Practice for Billing, Coding and Documentation.
Live Webinar January 30th 2019 7:00-9:30 PM
After years of hearing “what about peds”, Iris Kimberg, MS PT OTR is teaming up with Evelyn Capdevila, PT, MPT to present concrete and actionable information relevant to all pediatric therapists in private practice.
Whether you are in network, out of network (OON), or cash based, it is in everyone’s best interest to have bills properly coded and notes properly written so that our pediatric families have a better chance of getting services rendered paid for, or reimbursed by, third party carriers. Let’s cut down on denied services, pended bills, under and no reimbursement and audits and make sure that bills and documentation are in compliance! I didn’t know is not a defense and will no longer be an excuse after this webinar!
We will cover:
- Proper coding in pediatrics
- What your status as In Network vs. Out of Network (OON) vs. Cash Based vs. Gap Exception Coverage means in terms of billing
- How to legally have more than one payment scale for services rendered in your practice
- How to write daily and progress notes that supports your bills getting paid or your families getting reimbursed
- How to write notes that correspond with your billing
- What might trigger an audit or peer review of your bills and/or notes
- Checklist of what to include in every note
- Red flags/triggers
- Typical questions from third party payors
- Ttypes of information third party payors want to get from evals, notes, plan of cares, progress notes and discharge notes
The webinar will be live and all participants will be able to ask questions. It will also be recorded and available 24/7/365 if you cannot attend live. All registrants will be eligible to receive a certificate of participation for 2.5 hours. Early registration on now through December 15th.
The first 10 therapists who register are invited to send in a redacted copies of a note and a corresponding bill and we will do our best to use them as samples to constructively critique.
About the Presenters:
Evelyn Capdevila PT, MPT has 25 years of clinical experience is a consultant,reviewer and chart auditor for many third party carriers, including Tivity Health, Dane Street and MCN.Evelyn was a managing partner for 3 pediatric clinics in Miami from 2010-2015. She is actively consulting for a national franchise therapy clinic to expand their pediatric practice.
Iris Kimberg, MS PT OTR. has 25 plus years of experience as a private practice consultant after building and selling her practice entity from scratch to a $14M company with a strong pediatric base. She currently consults over 50 pediatric practices across the USA