Pediatric Occupational Therapy Services, LLC (POTS) is a cutting edge private private practice in Teaneck NJ seeking dynamic, experienced pediatric occupational therapists who loves children and families, to work in our sensory gyms and in private schools 20 hours per week and full time (must include 1-2 days after school and/or Sunday hours). We have a dedicated highly experienced staff that provides cutting edge OT, PT and Speech therapy in state of the art sensory gyms. Our clients range from birth through 21. Primary therapeutic approaches include sensory integration treatment, Floortime, Handwriting Without Tears, listening therapies, NDT, motor learning, biomechanical approaches and SOS feeding. Among the areas we address are sensory processing, praxis, self-regulation, self-care, handwriting, gross and fine motor development, visual perception, and feeding. We are unique in our commitment to evaluate and treat the whole child and partner with the important people in a child’s life.
We are looking for therapists who has strong treatment and evaluation skills, and is able to effectively work with children in a sensory gym and in private schools.
- Evaluate new patients.
- Provide occupational therapy services to children in a sensory gym using the therapeutic approaches that best meet the child’s unique needs.
- Design and monitor effective home programs, sensory diets, and school and home strategies, as needed that meet the child’s needs and family’s capacity for follow through.
- Provide occupational therapy services within a classroom or school that enable the child to better function and thrive in that environment.
- Collaborate with the teacher and school, and provide strategies for the individual child or class that will benefit the client.
- Collaborate with parents and teachers to set functional goals
- Provide ongoing guidance, support and education to parents
- Participate in team meetings and workshops
- Participate in program development, such as summer camp programs and after-school groups
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
- 3+ years’ experience providing occupational therapy to children in a sensory gym and in schools. Experience in treating children with a wide range of challenges, including Sensory Processing Disorder and Autism
- NJ Occupational Therapy License
- NJ school certification, a plus
- Willingness to work in the clinic and in schools
- Compassionate, caring, collaborative, willing to go the extra mile for your families
- Excellent problem solving skills and analytic abilities
- Ability to meet the child where they are and build a warm therapeutic relationship with the child and family
- Ability to conduct assessments and evaluations using standardized evaluation tools and clinical observations to determine the child’s strengths and challenges, collaborate on goal setting with caregivers, and generate a comprehensive report of findings
- Sensory gym experience
- Provide effective treatment sessions to meet the child’s functional goals
- Experience treating clients within the classroom and collaborating with teachers
- Excellent communication skills with parents, children and co-workers
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education, such as sensory processing, Floortime, Handwriting Without Tears, Brain Gym, Reflex integration, etc.
- Feeding coursework and experience a plus. SOS preferred
- Desire to work long term in a warm supportive environment
Job Type: Part Time and Full Time
Salary: Part time: 38,480.00-46,600.00 commensurate with experience
Full time with benefits: commensurate with experience
Please email your resume or questions to Dr. Chaye Lamm Warburg, DPS, OTR, Director: firstname.lastname@example.org