The recording from our April 7th live webinar is now available. This includes all Q/A and a copy of the powerpoint and handout.
Whether you are a practice owner who hires therapists, a therapist who is hired by a private practice, a home care agency, or hospital, or a therapist who holds themselves out to the public as an independent contractor, understanding what these classifications really mean is vital and has important ramifications for both parties. It is time to take this issue out of the gray matter and separate fact from fiction. UBER has brought the matter of worker classification to the forefront in the last year but therapists have been dealing with this issue for 20 years!!
This issue will be presented in detail from all perspectives as far as therapists are concerned, and from the vantage point of the Internal Revenue Service and the Labor Department, regardless of what state you live in.
1) Understand the specific criteria used to determine whether a therapist should be deemed an employee or an independent contractor
2) Understand the rule of “Substance over Form “ application – why the substance of what a therapist does is far more important than the contract they sign!
3) Find out the specifics of what you can do to protect yourself if:
a. you want to classify a therapist as an IC
b. you want to classify some therapists as employees and some as ICs
4) Find out how to “clean” up your worker classifications before an audit
5) Find out what to do if you think you are being misclassified
Upon request, you will receive a certificate of participation. Webinar includes a handout and copy of the powerpoint.
** This webinar, presented by Iris Kimberg, MS PT OTR. is intended for educational and informational purposes services only and does not replace consultations with an attorney. (Iris survived and won a 12 year battle with the NYS Labor Department on this very issue!) Iris has presented this webinar 3 times to over 300 therapists from 37 states.