The Jewish Board is one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive mental health and social service agencies, providing support and care for individuals and families at every stage of life and of all faiths, races and cultures.
The Child Development Center Therapeutic Nursery of the Jewish Board is currently looking for an Occupational Therapist (OT.) We are a center-based, special education pre-school program and we serve a diverse population of children with a variety of developmental challenges. We are looking to hire a dedicated, compassionate and enthusiastic independent professional to provide services in a school based setting. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, motivated, and organized healthcare professional who is passionate about working with children and providing services to those with special needs.
As an OT, you will have the opportunity to:
· Plan and provide therapy to preschool children 3 to 5 years old
· Collaborate with the family and a multi-disciplinary team to develop goals and outcomes for children.
· Help to plan relevant activities for ongoing implementation in the classroom.
· Maintain proper documentation to comply with federal, state and local regulations.
· Conduct necessary evaluations and write comprehensive reports complying with federal, state and local standards.
· Engage in opportunities for training, support, and supervision.
· Collaborate and coordinate with parents, school personnel, and an interdisciplinary team in order to support each student’s needs and the achievement of their respective IEP goals.
· BA/MA in Occupational Therapy
· Professional License as an Occupational Therapist in the state of New York.
· Professional Liability Insurance.
· Two years of experience in the field, including sensory integration experience is preferred.
The job is available immediately and the program is located in uptown Manhattan/ West Harlem.
For more info and to apply: reach out via this link.