Learning Objectives and Content Covered:
8:45-9:30 AM Registration and Coffee
1) Discussion of the specific criteria used to determine the valuation of a practice, including EBITDA, goodwill, infrastructure etc. and what are viewed as value makers versus value takers in the industry.
2) Discussion of the steps necessary to prepare your practice to bring it to market and when to get this process started
3) Exploration of the financial preparation and forms you need to have in place and for review during due diligence
4) Discuss differences between an outright acquisition, merger, and structured buy in and what determines the best fit for your scenario
5) Understand what makes negotiating with a fellow therapists versus a corporate entity so different and how you can level the playing field
LUNCH 12-1 PM Lunch Will Be Provided
6) Discuss the pros and cons of using a broker or intermediary and what makes a qualified buyer
7) See what you need to do so that you can answer the #1 question: “Can this practice exist without you?”
8) Understand what needs to be included in non disclosure agreements (NDA), letters of intent (LOI) and purchase agreements.
9) What you need to know about purchase price allocation
10) Why some deals fall apart and things to consider post sale
3:00- 4:00 PM – OPEN QUESTIONS and ANSWERS
YES YES YES!!!! if you are considering buying another therapist’s practice, this info is VERY relevant for you too! This is relevant for Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists.
Registration is $225. Registration fee will include a copy of the comprehensive hybrid powerpoint, coffee/breakfast pastries in the morning, and a good local lunch.
The conference is being held at the Hampton Inn by Hilton located at 4 South Putt Corners Road, New Paltz, New York, 12561, USA TEL: +1-845-2554200. There is a Trailways bus from Midtown Manhattan (1.5 hours) and there is on site parking. Upon completion, all participants can take a post workshop test and receive a certificate of participation for 6 contact hours.