The sale of your business entity should start long before you announce it publicly because proper preparation is essential. Not since the consolidation in our industry back in the 90’s has there been so much interest in therapy practice sales, mergers and consolidations. Regardless of whom you might end up selling to, two points to always keep in mind are that (1) anything that increases the volume or the security of future revenue will increase the value of your practice, and (2) what makes your practice valuable to you will make it valuable to a buyer.
The goal of this webinar is to take the “angst” out of the idea of selling a practice and break it down into reasonable steps as to how, when and why to get started. The webinar will spell out likely scenarios and help you make informed decisions. This issue will be presented in detail from the perspective of both the potential buyer of a practice and the seller of the practice. There will be an opportunity for live Q/A. This webinar will be presented by Iris Kimberg, MS PT OTR who, on her own, sold her own therapy agency in 1996 to a Fortune 500 company in a multi-million dollar deal. In the last 7 years she has done valuations on many practices and successfully helped sell over a dozen PT OT and ST practices and entities, as consolidations continue to sweep the field. This is the 3rd time Iris is presenting this material – in addition to presenting it through NYTherapyGuide, she presented it in 2014 to the Private Practice Section of the APTA.
1) Understand the specific criteria used to determine the valuation of a practice, including EBITDA, goodwill, infrastructure etc. and what are viewed as value makers versus value takers in the industry.
2) Understand the steps necessary to prepare your practice to bring it to market and when to get this process started
3) Find out the financial preparation and forms you need to have in place and for review during due diligence
4) Discuss differences between an outright acquisition, merger, and structured buy in and what determines the best fit for your scenario
5) Discuss the pros and cons of using a broker or intermediary and what makes a qualified buyer
6) See what you need to do so that you can answer the #1 question: “Can this practice exist without you?”
7) Understand the steps necessary in selling a practice including non disclosure agreements (NDA), letters of intent (LOI) and purchase agreements.
This webinar is intended for educational and informational purposes services only and does not replace consultations with an attorney.