NYTPS Inc. seeks providers for In-Person based services willing to travel to travel to different locations in Queens
- Must have DOE Fingerprinting
- New York State Licensed or Certified birth-2nd grade or professional.
- Must currently hold New York State certification as a Special Education Teacher
- Bilingual extensions required for bilingual cases.
- CANNOT CURRENTLY WORK FOR THE DOE. Candidates 1 year out will be considered.
- Additional Requirements:
Reporting: Communicates progress and concerns regarding the case with supervisor and appropriate NYTPS staff members. Maintains communication and consistency with the related service providers, the parents/guardians, and the classroom teacher working with the student.
Participates in Committee on Special Education (CPSE/CSE) meetings. Testifies in impartial hearings upon request by the student’s parent, guardian, or the CSE.
Professionalism: Team player, shows high level of professionalism in all areas, exhibits initiative and self- direction, maintains positive and respectful attitude, accepts feedback well, and demonstrates loyalty and commitment. Able to work with a multitude of student profiles.
Here are some areas this position will cover:
- Implements programs based on assessment of the student and the IEP.
- Coordinates the child’s educational goals with other providers, therapists, and teachers
- Based on the IEP and assessments, implements programs to address the student’s needs in functional living skills areas
- Promotes independence for the student
- Maintains daily log notes and other important session information.
- For students requiring ABA, maintains daily data based on the student’s programs
- Follows New York Therapy Placement Services Code of Professional Conduct
- The Full Time Position Includes Benefits:
- Competitive rates. Bi-weekly Payments.
- Health Insurance Benefits
- Personal Time Off
- Paid Sick/Safe Leave Hours
- NYTPS Inc. has been approved by the NYSED to offer Professional Development Special Education Teachers. We bring this great benefit to you as an active provider with heavily discounted workshops occurring frequently at different times during the year.
- Placement Coordinators will find great worksite experience for you. We have full clinical support team to assist with administrative aspects of the services Specialized Clinical Coordinators who will visit and help you.
- To apply – Click here