Part I – November 3rd, 2021 7-9 PM EST Presented by Iris Kimberg, MS PT OTR
After years of hearing “what about peds”, Iris Kimberg, MS PT OTR is teaming up with billing expert Heidi Grove Harmon to present concrete and actionable information relevant to all pediatric therapists in private practice. Whether you are in network, out of network (OON), or cash based, it is in everyone’s best interest to have bills properly coded and notes properly written so that our pediatric families have a better chance of getting services rendered paid for, or reimbursed by, third party carriers. Let’s cut down on denied services, pended bills, under and no reimbursement and audits!
I didn’t know is not a defense and will no longer be an excuse after this webinar.
Part I – Documentation Dos and Don’ts – Presented by Iris Kimberg, MS PT OTR
How to write evaluations, daily and progress notes that supports your bills getting paid or your families getting reimbursed
- How to write notes that correspond with your billing
- What might trigger an audit or peer review of your bills and/or notes
- Checklist of what to include in every note
- Red flags/triggers for audits, peer review, pended
- Typical questions from third party payers
- Types of information third party payers want to get from evals, notes, plan of cares, progress notes and discharge notes
Early Rate Registration $75 until October 15th* . Includes all handouts, access to replay. There will be opportunities to ask questions live during each webinar and anyone who registers can also send in questions in advance. This is not state specific and suitable for pediatric OTs PTs and STs.Info about Part II
Does this webinar qualify for CEUs? It depends on your state. Many states have approved this course to count for CEU credits because I outline how the course is relevant to OT,PT and ST practice, give a post webinar quiz that demonstrates competence and understanding of material and a certificate of completion. Check with your state.*If you register for both sessions you will get 10% of each registration fee credited back to your card.
Part I – early rate $75, regular rate $82.50 Part II early rate $85, regular rate $93.50
About the Speakers
Iris Kimberg, MS PT OTR has 25 plus years of experience as a private practice consultant after building her own entity from scratch to a $14M company with a strong pediatric base until she sold it to a Fortune 500 company. She currently consults over 75 pediatric practices across the USA.
Heidi Grove Harmon has 25 years’ experience in billing for outpatient therapies. Heidi also has her own personal experiences as a parent of a child with disabilities after many years of fighting for him and being his advocate. Currently Heidi is a consultant to therapists in order to help them learn the billing process as well as a biller for several clients. Heidi also founded and runs the “PT Billing Group” on Facebook to better serve therapists and their billing questions.
THANK YOU TO OUR 2 SPONSORS – SIMPLE PRACTICE and TOTAL REPORTS!
Looking to simplify your private practice? Pediatric-focused PT, OT, and SLP private practices love SimplePractice as their all-in-one solution for practice management from booking evaluations to billing. Here are a few ways SimplePractice can help your pediatric practice:
- Optimized for families – Clinicians working with pediatric clients love SimplePractice’s HIPAA compliant Client Portal and messaging. Parents and families can easily sign intake paperwork, request appointments, and pay their bills – all online, in a matter of clicks.
- Stop playing phone tag – Simplify scheduling with online appointment requests. Approve, deny, or reschedule each request as they come in.
- Get time back in your day – Automated text and email appointment reminders send Telehealth links 10 minutes before an appointment. Reduce no-shows and ensure busy families never have to miss a session.
- Manage your day on the go: Easily manage daily tasks like billing, sending home activities, and completing daily notes with our top-rated mobile app.
- Get paid faster: Avoid insurance headaches with automated claim filing. Simplify working with Medicaid, early intervention, or commercial insurance payers with an EHR that stays on top of your billing.
Ready to get more of your time back? SimplePractice makes the transition to a more efficient private practice just that—simple. Sign up for a free, 30-day trial at www.simplepractice.com
, a company owned by OT Krupa Kuruvilla has ALL your Pediatric OT Documentation needs in ONE place. TotalReport provides 1:1 mentoring/coaching and consultation for all types of Documentation and report writing services, as well as IEP prep services.
There are 6 low cost manuals available that address Documentation Do’s and Don’ts, the different types and contents of documentation in schools, clinics and early intervention, Common mistakes made while documenting and how to correct them, FAQs for Pediatric OT Evals, and SO much more!