Bringing a New Product to Market – EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW TO DO IT SUCCESSFULLY!
You have an idea for new product. Now what?
This 2 part webinar is geared specifically for PTs OTs and STs and other health professionals in the beginning stages of launching a new product for sale in mass market channels. Therapists are uniquely skilled at creating bespoke solutions to improve daily function for their patients, and many of these products can be translated into successful product offerings to a broader audience. The purpose of this webinar is to offer a concrete, step by step approach to thinking about launching a product-based business and discussing many of the business aspects to scaling and achieving commercial success. Enrollment is limited so there can be live interaction between attendees.
There is a 10% discount if you sign up for both. All registrants will be eligible to take a post webinar quiz and get a certificate of participation. We will leave ½ hour for questions for each session.
Part One: Launching a New Product
Intro by Iris Kimberg MS OTR,PT: Historical perspective on therapists as innovators, recyclers, adapters, problem solvers, “accidental” entrepreneurs. The nuance between having an idea versus identifying a need
· What problem are you solving?
· How are people solving the problem today? (what’s your competition)
· What are your personal goals? (licensing vs. launching yourself)
· Market research: identifying and finding your audience
· Review of Baseline economics
· What you need to know about prototyping, manufacturing & materials
· Options for Fundraising
· Considerations regarding trademarks and intellectual property