Replay Now Available – Part II What About Peds – Best Practices For Coding, Billing And Documentation
Part II – November 10th, 2021 7-9:30 PM EST Presented by Iris Kimberg, MS PT OTR and Heidi Grove Harmon
Replay of 2.5 hours, plus a copy of the 50 slide hybrid powerpoint, and a handout specifically about CCI edits and 59 modifiers and the follow up Q/A.
After years of hearing “what about peds”, Iris Kimberg, MS PT OTR is teaming up with billing expert Heidi Grove Harmon to present concrete and actionable information relevant to all pediatric therapists in private practice. Whether you are in network, out of network (OON), or cash based, it is in everyone’s best interest to have bills properly coded and notes properly written so that our pediatric families have a better chance of getting services rendered paid for, or reimbursed by, third party carriers. Let’s cut down on denied services, pended bills, under and no reimbursement and audits!
I didn’t know is not a defense and will no longer be an excuse after this webinar.
Part II – Billing and Coding – Presented by Iris Kimberg, MS PT OTR and Heidi Grove Harmon
Best billing practices and format- definition of certain terms especially as they related to billing
- How to legally have more than one payment scale for services rendered in your practice
Prompt pay, pre-pay and financial hardship waivers
- Proper coding in pediatrics including NEW 2022 codes – REVIEW OF latest NCCI edits, modifiers (when and how to use), changes in ICD10 codes effective 10/1/2021
- What your status as In Network vs. Out of Network (OON) vs. Cash Based vs. Gap Exception Coverage vs. Single Case Agreements means in terms of billing
- A word about Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- What does accepting assignment of benefits mean on a case by case basis
- Strategies to avoid pended or denied claims
- YES – we will be discussing Exclude 1 edits for ICD 10 codes and the AMA CPT coding charges ( what???)
There will be opportunities to ask questions live during each webinar and anyone who registers can also send in questions in advance. All registrants can take a post webinar quiz and get a certificate of participation. This is not state specific and suitable for pediatric OTs PTs and STs
Does this webinar qualify for CEUs? It depends on your state. Many states have approved this course to count for CEU credits because I outline how the course is relevant to OT,PT and ST practice, give a post webinar quiz that demonstrates competence and understanding of material and a certificate of completion. Check with your state.
If you purchase the replay for both Part I and Part II, you will get 10% back on your credit card.
PLEASE NOTE: there is now an addendum with 2023 updates that can be purchased as well. Here is a link.
About the Speakers:
Iris Kimberg, MS PT OTR has 25 plus years of experience as a private practice consultant after building her own entity from scratch to a $14M company with a strong pediatric base until she sold it to a Fortune 500 company. She currently consults over 75 pediatric practices across the USA.
Heidi Grove Harmon has 25 years’ experience in billing for outpatient therapies. Heidi also has her own personal experiences as a parent of a child with disabilities after many years of fighting for him and being his advocate. Currently Heidi is a consultant to therapists in order to help them learn the billing process as well as a biller for several clients. Heidi also founded and runs the “PT Billing Group” on Facebook to better serve therapists and their billing questions.
THANK YOU TO OUR 2 SPONSORS – SIMPLE PRACTICE and TOTAL REPORTS!
Looking to simplify your private practice? Pediatric-focused PT, OT, and SLP private practices love SimplePractice as their all-in-one solution for practice management from booking evaluations to billing. Here are a few ways SimplePractice can help your pediatric practice:
- Optimized for families – Clinicians working with pediatric clients love SimplePractice’s HIPAA compliant Client Portal and messaging. Parents and families can easily sign intake paperwork, request appointments, and pay their bills – all online, in a matter of clicks.
- Stop playing phone tag – Simplify scheduling with online appointment requests. Approve, deny, or reschedule each request as they come in.
- Get time back in your day – Automated text and email appointment reminders send Telehealth links 10 minutes before an appointment. Reduce no-shows and ensure busy families never have to miss a session.
- Manage your day on the go: Easily manage daily tasks like billing, sending home activities, and completing daily notes with our top-rated mobile app.
- Get paid faster: Avoid insurance headaches with automated claim filing. Simplify working with Medicaid, early intervention, or commercial insurance payers with an EHR that stays on top of your billing.
Ready to get more of your time back? SimplePractice makes the transition to a more efficient private practice just that—simple. Sign up for a free, 30-day trial at www.simplepractice.com